Saturday, August 25, 2012

Bacon Cheddar Beer Dog Treats

I needed an excuse to share a beer with my favorite pup, Falkor, without allowing him to drink straight from the bottle. So I developed this recipe.
 
First things first, beer selection. I use whatever I have on hand, and feel like drinking ;0) after all I'm sharing.


Toss all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Then add the cheese & bacon. I generally use left over bacon, from breakfast, but then again who has left over bacon?! so I just reserve him 2 slices :0)


Mix it all up, then add the beer & oil, and mix until crumbly mixture forms. If it seems a bit dry to you, go ahead and add a slosh or 2 more of beer.


Next our it out on a 9x11 non stick sheet pan or baking dish lined with non stick foil. Press into the pan until nice and even.

 

I get kinda lazy and didn't want to cut them into shapes, so I just score them to make square biscuits about 2x2 inches. Once baked and cool they easily break into the squares.


Bacon Cheddar Beer Dog Treats

2 Cups Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Wheat Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 Strips Cooked Bacon
2 Tbls Oil
1/3 Cup Beer

Mix dry ingredients, then add Cheese and Bacon. Mix in Oil and Beer until mixture becomes crumbly. Press into 9x11" non stick sheet pan or foil lined baking dish. Score into 2x2" squares.

Bake at 325 Degrees for 12-15 minutes. Then shut off oven and leave to dry for additional 20-30 minutes. Cool on sheet. Then break apart.



Emma, you inspired me, so by all means take the recipe and use it for your doggy goodness!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment