Sunday, August 5, 2012

3 Songs for Then, Now, & Later

We all have days where we need to find a little inspiration to let go, live in the now, and look forward to better things. I have 3 songs that always snap me out of that somber mood. Even better if they are served with a nice cold craft beer & sung along to. I'm a sucker for some good blood pumping Punk, and even more so when I hear one of my favorite songs from childhood covered by my favorite punk bands :0)


For the Then...

Social Distortion - Far Behind

You can never go wrong with Social Distortion. They are always straight to the point & inspirational with lots of kick ass behind them! ... So crank it up & Let it Go.


For the Now...

MXPX - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)

Who doesn't love The Proclaimers 500 Miles? Takes me back to the opening of one of my favorite love stories, Benny & June. Its the way life should be & the way I always try to live. Unconditionally. ... So surrender into the Now.


For the Later...

Bouncing Souls - Better Things

Nothing puts a little bounce in your step like the Bouncing Souls version of the Kinks, Better Things. Tomorrow is a new day & the best is always yet to come. ...So raise your glass & toast to the better days!


Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment