Wednesday, August 1, 2012

An Insomniac Armed with Scissors

What happens on a hot summers night when the insomnia gets the best of you while your laying there. The crafty light goes off in your head and the next thing you know your a crazed hockey fan running with scissors!

I've always had an over abundance of oversized Tshirts, and one of my favorite things to do is alter them. Some to wear, and others get repurposed into multi functional things... we will save that for later date though.

Tonights victim is a Detroit Red Wings shirt (one of my favorite hockey teams).


Its about one size to big for me... I wear a meduim. This is a large. After laying the shirt out and matching all the seams so it lays flat. I cut off the sleeves. Cutting along the seam, but on the inside tward the logo to cut them off.


Next I cut the collar off in a plunging angle. About 1 1/2" away from the neck ringer.


Then I got a spark in my light bulb and pulled out a contrasting scrap from another Tshirt destruction, and cut it into a 1" strip.


The part that I got so excited about that I forgot to take pictures of, because when the creativity comes you just run with it... I cut the back of the arm holes in a bit to create a racer back effect. Then folded the shirt back vertically, and again folded it 1" over and cut 5 slits. Then laced the scrap through, and tied it in a bow. Kind of reminds me of the way the old jerseys used to tie up (only upside down) :0) Sexy!


After 10 minutes of rocking out to Theory of a Deadman at 3am and doing something constructive with my insomniactic time I have an awesome shirt to wear running in the morning. Don't worry I'll leave the scissors at home!




Jess

1 comment: